Major achievements gained so far include:-
- Champions of the Earth award 2009 (awarded by UNEP in Paris)
For pictures click here. UNEP article can be located here.
- Green award winner at national and regional level in 2006 and 2009.
- Established Green Youth Centre
- Structured English lessons and tutoring for all members, taught by Brittish VSO volunteers, tests passed and certificates received.
- Many trees planted in different parts of Ethiopia to protect the environment.
- Green house built to cultivate natural flowers and vegetables, and then sold at a reasonable price to local villagers to create income generation.
- Produce natural pesticides and fertilizers and demonstrate to society while education local community.
- Advocated the benefits of the silk-worm if used as income generating mechanism.
- Prepare and promote the use of medicinal plants especially the Artemisia plant.
- Provided care, support and monthly handouts to those living with HIV/AIDS and orphans.
- Training, counseling, Gender discussions, coffee ceremonies, cultural singing and dancing and sports classes for the local community with a special focus on the youth.